LumaStream, Inc. Now Open for Business in St. Petersburg’s Booming Midtown District
St. Petersburg, FL (DATE) – Low-voltage LED solutions provider, LumaStream, Inc., is now open for business in St. Petersburg’s Midtown district. LumaStream has partnered with St. Petersburg College and Florida TRADE to provide hands-on training for students seeking high-demand manufacturing jobs. Supported by St. Pete’s Enterprise Zone initiative, LumaStream joins the cities effort to grow our green economy.
LumaStream makes low-voltage LED lighting solutions that are truly efficient and highly controllable. We offer our unique, patented, digital power conversion platform paired with well-designed luminaires and open source control protocol to commercial, institutional, residential, retail, and hospitality markets. We’re a fast-growing, creative company developing efficient systems with unprecedented results for energy savings, long-distance low-voltage power distribution, and smooth, continual dimming control to less than 1%. Our solutions are solid and our results compelling. We create a better lighting environment for our clients, and together we create a better environment for all. LumaStream is headquartered in St. Petersburg, FL.
LumaStream Data Points:
- Founded by artists in 2009
- Our LED light fixtures were first created for a public sculpture installation in downtown Tampa
- Currently employs 25 people in the St. Petersburg area, but poised to grow to support 200 or more jobs within the next 5 years
- Primary customers are restaurant and retail chains
Our new headquarters marks the return of power supply manufacturing capabilities from Canada back to St. Petersburg
How We’ll Grow:
- LED is forecasted to surpass all other lighting technologies by 2016
- Our core customers — hospitality, restaurant and retail – led commercial growth in 2012 in the U.S.
- Commercial lighting standards for energy efficiency have been instituted to further green initiatives; LED are best suited to meet these new standards
- Moving to our new midtown St. Pete facility has tripled our production capacity, allowing for faster growth
- Our lighting and power conversion offers better light quality, flicker-free dimming, and the most logical solution for converting power on the market
- LED lighting reduces a commercial customer’s total energy consumption by an average of 28%
What’s Green About LumaStream Low-Voltage Technology?
- Reduces electricity used for lighting by as much as 85% in commercial buildings
- Minimizes high-voltage electrical infrastructure previously required to power lights
- Eliminates need for power converting electronics inside every light bulb
- LED lights last longer, leaving less waste behind than CFL or LED bulbs
- Low-voltage at a central point causes fewer failures, reducing unnecessary waste
Learn more about LumaStream at www.lumastream.com
SPC Workforce Development Partnership with LumaStream
St. Petersburg College is poised to develop the workforce of the future with a new program that provides real-world, hands-on training for students looking to find high-demand manufacturing jobs. LumaStream offers students an off-campus training facility that provides real-world, hands-on training.
- 18 week program with 12 weeks on site at LumaStream
- Students who complete program earn NIMS CNC Milling Level 1 certification
- Manufacturing Skill Standards Council recognizes certification
- LumaStream has hired two recent graduates of the program
- Partnership with Florida TRADE
“This is an extraordinary opportunity for students. They will not only learn their specific job but how their job impacts the organization. The college has moved at an astounding pace to make this happen.” ~ Eric Higgs, CEO of LumaStream
Florida TRADE and St. Petersburg College
Florida TRADE is a Florida grant program that works with 12 schools around the state, including St. Petersburg College. The primary purpose of Florida Trade is to help individual train for jobs in the high-demand manufacturing industry. They also work to build relationships between schools who train, manufacturers who hire, and the communities they live in.
More at www.fltrade.org
St. Petersburg’s Enterprise Zone, Midtown and LumaStream
The State of Florida “Enterprise Zone” program was originally established in 1982 to spur economic growth. In 2005, the Florida legislature extended the program for 10 years, leaving the flexibility for cities to adjust boundaries as needed. Recently, the City of St. Petersburg has done just that. New borders of the Enterprise Zone have been drawn, removing the downtown waterfront area, which has freed up funds for more depressed areas like St. Pete’s Midtown district.
This community was once known for its contributions to music and culture with performers like James Brown, Ray Charles, Nat King Cole, and others who graced the halls of the Manhattan Casino in its prime. It is now undergoing a renaissance, with many revitalization projects supported by city and state incentives like the “Enterprise Zone.” From 1999-2012, the investment in Midtown is over 200 million dollars. Now bustling with art spaces, locally owned restaurants, St. Pete brewed craft beer, and manufacturing spaces like LumaStream, Midtown is ready for her close up.
Enterprise Zone Data Points:
- 829 new jobs were created last year in St. Pete as a result of the program*
- $110,000 tax credits were issued last year in St. Pete*
- $285,832 were allocated to Community Development Block Grant Program
- The statewide program is scheduled to expire December 31, 2015
- Types of tax breaks include; jobs tax credits, business equipment refund, building materials refund, property tax credit, and a community contribution tax credit
*Source: Florida Enterprise Zone Program Annual Report, November 2013 (link)
# # #
LumaStream makes low-voltage LED lighting solutions that are truly efficient and highly controllable. We offer our unique, patented, digital power conversion platform paired with well-designed luminaires and open source control protocol to commercial, institutional, retail, and hospitality markets. We’re a fast-growing, creative company developing efficient systems with unprecedented results for energy savings, long-distance low-voltage power distribution, and smooth, continual dimming control to less than 1%. Our solutions are solid and our results compelling. We create a better lighting environment for our clients, and with our clients we create a better environment for all. LumaStream is headquartered in St. Petersburg, FL. Please visit www.lumastream.com.